Friday, April 9, 2010

Introduction

So, a few months ago, I discovered a website called The American Virgin. A regular feature is a first person account from a virgin. I greatly enjoyed reading these entries, as they made me feel less isolated as an adult virgin. I asked to contribute, and instead of writing a short essay, I wrote a large, rambling treatise on all the factors that lead to my current virginal status. I edited the piece, and in the process, realized that I had a lot to say on the subject. Therefore, I decided to take the leap, and start this blog. I think it will be constructive for two reasons. One, when I write things down, I tend to get them out of my system, and am able to process them. As a virgin that dates, that brings up a lot of issues, and writing them down tends to help me deal with how I feel. Two, I hope that if other virgins read this blog, it will make them feel less isolated and alone, and they can relate to my experiences. I would like to thank the American Virgin for inspiring this blog, and hopefully, I will do them justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment